The system, provided on the blade server unit of BladeSymphony, can divide resources on physical servers into multiple logical partitions, enabling the optimization of software licensing fees and operation costs and increasing efficiency in use of the resources.
What does LPAR stand for?
LPAR stands for Logical Partition (mainframes)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LPAR
We have 4 other meanings of LPAR in our Acronym Attic
- Left Pulmonary Arterial Pressure
- Lifetime Physical Activity Program (est. 1912; Rice University; Houston, TX)
- Lymphocyte Phosphatase Associated Phosphoprotein (biochemistry)
- Laguna Plein Air Painters Association, Inc.
- Low Power Amplifier and Power Supply
- Love Poems and Quotes
- Large Phased-Array Radar
- Linux for Power Architecture (IBM)
- Local Partitioning
- Logic for Programming Artificial Intelligence and Reasoning (Conference)
- Logical Partitioning
- Long-range Phased Array Radar
- Loma Prieta Amateur Radio Club (California)
- Lockheed Palo Alto Research Laboratory
- Little Plastic Animals Rights Movement
- Liquid Propellant Action Response Team
- La Purisima Audubon Society (Lompoc, CA)
- Laser Perimeter Awareness System
- Laser Photo-Acoustic Spectroscopy
- Long Path Absorption Spectroscopy
Samples in periodicals archive:
That hypervisor layer allows a much larger number of logical partitions to be put on a Power-based server than what was possible in the past.
The ability to run Symantec Enterprise Firewall directly on an iSeries logical partition now gives our customers an even greater level of e-business security.
Regardless of the resident operating system, the host can have exclusive access to its own logical partition on the TrueSAN 6000FC solution, as well as shared access to other areas of the system.
On the IBM mainframe line, logical partitioning goes even further, allowing customers to put up to 15 logical partitions on a single machine with 12 real processors.