Comhairle na nOg are local youth councils which give children and young people the opportunity to be involved in the development of local services and policies.
What does LYC stand for?
LYC stands for Local Youth Council (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LYC
We have 32 other meanings of LYC in our Acronym Attic
- Leaving Your Body Map (album; maudlin of the Well)
- Liberal Youth of the Baltic Sea
- Littleton Youth Baseball Softball Association (Littleton, MA)
- Last Year But Not This
- Last Year But Unfortunately Not This (fundraising donors)
- Love You Beyond Words
- Love You Baby With All My Heart
- Latino Youth Conference
- Lauderdale Yacht Club (est. 1938; Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Law, Youth and Citizenship
- Lutz-Yelton Convocation Center (Shelby, NC)
- Lycian (linguistics)
- Lyric Young Company (London, England, UK)
- Library Computer Access and Retrieval System
- Lakeland Yacht and Country Club (Lakeland, FL)
- Laramie Youth Crisis Center (Wyoming)
- Long Yang Club Canberra (Australia)
- Lutz-Yelton Convocation Center (Gardner-Webb University; Shelby, NC)
- Long Yang Club International (homosexual Asian group)
- Living Yoga, Celebrating Life
Samples in periodicals archive:
For more information, contact Melika Jackson, Churchill High School senior and local Youth Council president, at jmehiska@yahoo.
Youth Civic Engagement Often building on local youth councils, cities are making youth civic engagement authentic and sustainable.
He is a member of the National Children and Young People Board (NCB) and chairs the local youth council, as well as being a member of many other organisations.
There were also 'pseudo-images' showing a photo of a girl McDaid knew from a local youth council whose face was imposed on to an image of a naked teenager.
Tashina Smith has been given the nod by her local youth council and the National YMCA to help bring forward recommendations to get youth more involved in the YMCA's national youth exchange programs.
Have your say in Europe By getting involved in your local youth council - see page 14 of Young Scot - you can make your view is heard on European issues.