In particular, the recovery act provided states and local workforce investment boards with a $1.
What does LWIB stand for?
LWIB stands for Local Workforce Investment Board
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LWIB
We have 1 other meaning of LWIB in our Acronym Attic
- Living Word International
- Local Work Instruction (various companies)
- Lost Workday Injury (accident absence)
- Low Water Interval
- Lutherische Welt-Information (German: Lutheran World Information; publication; Lutheran World Federation)
- Laten We Lets Afspreken (Dutch: Let's Meet)
- Leave with Income Averaging (Canada)
- Local Workforce Investment Area (Canada)
- Last Week I Asked You
- Livingstones Warman Insurance Brokers (UK)
- Leeds West Indian Carnival (UK)
- Lightweight Insulating Concrete
- Living Word International Church (Slough, Berkshire, England, UK)
- Loring Ward Investment Counsel Ltd (Canada)
- Look What I Found
- Look What I Got
- Leap Wireless International Inc. (NASDAQ symbol; now LEAP)
- Last Walk in Naryshkin Park (book)
- Lightweight Inertial Navigation System
- Lightweight Internet Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Key findings from the survey include the following: * Local Workforce Investment Boards are using ARRA funds to provide more training.
Virtually every strategy mandated by WIA--from the development of annual strategic plans by local Workforce Investment Boards to the empowerment of system customers in making career development choices--will require high-quality labor market information.
Some key elements: * Business-led boards: State and local workforce investment boards must include a majority of business representatives and be chaired by a business representative.
WIA mandates a new governance structure of broader-based state and local workforce investment boards, replacing existing state councils and local private industry councils under the Job Training Partnership Act of 1982 (JTPA).