To meet the workforce needs, all Local Workforce Investment Areas (LWIAs) in Illinois use a grassroots partnership approach that recognizes the local experts in each primary skill area.
What does LWIA stand for?
LWIA stands for Local Workforce Investment Area (Canada)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LWIA
- Leopold-Wenger-Institut für Rechtsgeschichte (German: Leopold-Wenger-Institute for Legal History; Munich, Germany)
- Like What If
- Living Water International (est. 1990)
- Living Word International
- Local Work Instruction (various companies)
- Lost Workday Injury (accident absence)
- Low Water Interval
- Lutherische Welt-Information (German: Lutheran World Information; publication; Lutheran World Federation)
- Laten We Lets Afspreken (Dutch: Let's Meet)
- Leave with Income Averaging (Canada)
- Last Week I Asked You
- Livingstones Warman Insurance Brokers (UK)
- Local Workforce Investment Board
- Leeds West Indian Carnival (UK)
- Lightweight Insulating Concrete
- Living Word International Church (Slough, Berkshire, England, UK)
- Loring Ward Investment Counsel Ltd (Canada)
- Look What I Found
- Look What I Got
- Leap Wireless International Inc. (NASDAQ symbol; now LEAP)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development operates programs throughout the 13 Local Workforce Investment Areas (LWIA) that provide summer job training programs for disadvantaged youth, target unemployed individuals in extremely high unemployment counties, and upgrade the skills of the transitioning workforce in a way that prepares them for the jobs of the future.
Department of labor, reviewing local job training plans, designating the local workforce investment areas, distributing federal funds to local areas, and negotiating performance standards with local officials.
If a local workforce investment area includes more than one city or town, the Act states that the chief elected officials of those cities and towns will be members of the Board.