From an operational perspective, the Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) and address canvassing generally proceeded as planned, and GAO did not observe any significant flaws or operational setbacks.
What does LUCA stand for?
LUCA stands for Local Update of Census Addresses
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LUCA
- Limburg University Centre (Netherlands)
- Lincoln University College (various locations)
- Lives under Construction (Lampe, MO)
- Local Universities and Colleges
- Local User Council
- Louis–Ulysses Chopard (French watch manufacturer)
- Lowest Unit Charge
- Loyola University Chicago
- Last Universal Cellular Ancestor
- Last Universal Common Ancestor
- Land Use Control Assurance Plan
- Loyola University Community Action Program (New Orleans, LA)
- Laboratory Unit for Computer-Assisted Surgery (virtual surgical planning)
- Lakehead University Centre for Analytical Services (Canada)
- Land Use Change Analysis System
- Land Use/Cover Area Frame Survey
- Liberty University Catalog System (library)
- Liverpool University Centre for Archive Studies (est. 1996; Liverpool, UK)
- London Undergound Combined Access System (smart card permit; UK)
- Lund University Cardiopulmonary Assist System (Sweden)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following Block Canvassing and progressing through the end of 1999, the Bureau of the Census initiated its Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) operation.
Census Bureau, local governments can assist in the Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) process.
As part of the decennial census preparations, the Census Bureau is inviting state, local and tribal governments to participate in the Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA) program.
Your city will have a chance for direct input into the master census address list and a real chance to improve the Census for your city in the year 2000, thanks to the Local Update of Census Addresses (LUCA).