COLUMN: IN OUR OPINION Local public works officials have repeatedly warned that enforcement of stringent new regulations for the Upper Blackstone Water Pollution Abatement District's regional plant will result in millions of more dollars being drained from the pockets of local residents, for little or no improvement in the quality of water that flows into Rhode Island's Narragansett Bay.
What does LPW stand for?
LPW stands for Local Public Works (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LPW
We have 26 other meanings of LPW in our Acronym Attic
- Local Packing with Violation to the Reuse Pattern
- Lexington Park Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Land Product Validation Subgroup (Committee on Earth Observation Satellites)
- Left Portal Vein Stenosis
- Link Packetized Voice System
- Localized Pigmented Villonodular Synovitis (joint swelling)
- Large Package Week (US DoD)
- Linkin Park World (fansite)
- Little Port Walter (airport code; Alaska)
- Local Position Warehouse
- London Perl Workshop (computer programming)
- Lords of Pain Wrestling
- Lumens Per Watt
- Ladies Professional Wrestling Association (est. 1989)
- Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Long Point Waterfowlers' Association (Canada)
- Low Power, Wide Area (network)
- Lucent Personalized Web Assistant
- Long Point World Biosphere Reserve (Canada)
- Libertarian Party of Washtenaw County (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Whether a local public works department, a large county government or a law enforcement agency, there's no denying that standard operating procedures have drastically changed in the last few years due to shifting circumstances in the marketplace.
But the obvious concern of many in the crowd was the short age of jobs, and they were not lulled by the long list of local public works projects that Ahmadi-nejad always touts in these provincial visits.
Critics said, however, that while the high-profile case led to Ozawa resigning as leader of the main opposition Democratic Party of Japan in May, the court failed to go into whether he actually used his clout over local public works as the company had hoped in making donations.
Successes of the Rural Water Response Even before the hurricane winds had fully subsided, state rural water associations and local public works departments had dispatched water technicians to size up damages, pinpoint individual breaks and leaks, and secure and deliver key equipment such as generators and water tanks.
The local Public Works and Resident/Regional Officer in Charge of Construction (ROICC) departments played key roles throughout the year getting projects started and ensuring that they were completed on time and within contract specification.