As the local mental health authority and the safety net for individuals with serious mental illnesses, Bluebonnet Trails is contracted by the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) to ensure access to services over an eight-county region with a population well over 550,000.
What does LMHA stand for?
LMHA stands for Local Mental Health Authority (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LMHA
We have 22 other meanings of LMHA in our Acronym Attic
- Liters per square Meter per Hour (flow rate measurement)
- Localized Microwave Hyperthermia
- Lockport Memorial Hospital (New York)
- Long-Term Medical Holographic Program (Star Trek)
- Lost Mine Hard (Aika Online)
- Lyell McEwin Hospital (Australia)
- Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Painesville, OH)
- Langley Minor Hockey Association (Canada; est. 1973)
- Launcher Module Handling Adapter (pneumatic tires)
- Local Mental Health Agency
- London Mental Health Alliance (Crest Centre; Lucan, Ontario, Canada)
- Louisiana Manufactured Housing Association
- Local Mental Health Board
- Lakeview Manor Healthcare Center (Tawas City, Michigan)
- Lee Mental Health Center, Inc. (Fort Myers, FL)
- Liberty Mutual Holding Company, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Lockheed Martin Hanford Corporation
- Low Mass High Cost
- Logistics, Materials Handling & Distribution (manufacturing exhibition)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the challenges varied in each county, the general themes were: Local mental health authorities had a difficult time hiring staff to work with probation since they were required to make home visits after normal working hours and be on-call 24 hours a day; minimal relationships existed between the local juvenile probation department and the local mental health authority and many times the relationship that existed was very tense; communication between entities was difficult since words common in each system's vocabulary had different meanings in the different systems; and service delivery models were different--one delivered services in the office, the other delivered services in the community.