The state government also has a security apparatus in place comprising of local intelligence officers and CID.
What does LIO stand for?
LIO stands for Local Intelligence Officers (England)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LIO
We have 23 other meanings of LIO in our Acronym Attic
- Long Island New York
- Land Information New Zealand
- Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Leadership Interdiction Operations (various countries)
- Legal Information Online
- Lesser Included Offense
- Limon, Costa Rica (Airport code)
- Lithium Organic (battery)
- Load In/Out
- Local Infrastructure Organisation (UK)
- Lock In/Lock Out
- London Improvisers Orchestra (UK)
- Low Input/Output (printers)
- Low Intensity Operations
- Laser-Induced Opto-Acoustic Spectroscopy
- Laser-Induced Optical Breakdown (physics)
- Legal Issues on Burma (journal)
- Love in Our Bond (Phi Mu Sorority Parting Wish to Fellow Sisters)
- Low Income Oversight Board (California)
- Lanka Indian Oil Corporation (Sri Lanka)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Security chiefs and local intelligence officers had been meeting with international advisors when the insurgents struck and an interior ministry spokesman confirmed that some police and officials were among those killed.
Local intelligence officers from Bournville Lane police station have teamed up with local shops such as Comet, Currys, PC World and Halfords to ensure that new owners of the kits are given crime prevention packs.