Figures published by the charity revealed 'startling differences' in rent levels, and the Local Housing Allowance rate for two-bedroom privately rented properties outstrip those for three-bed social housing.
What does LHA stand for?
LHA stands for Local Housing Allowance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LHA
We have 101 other meanings of LHA in our Acronym Attic
- Left-Handers Association
- Leicestershire Health Authority (UK)
- Les Houches Accord (physics agreements)
- Lifetime Health Advisory (US EPA)
- Linear Hybrid Automata
- Lippert/Heilshorn & Associates (New York, NY)
- Local Health Administration
- Local Highways Authority (UK)
- Local Hour Angle
- Local Housing Agency
- Local Housing Authority
- Loess Hills Aquaculture
- Logistics Health Assessment (various organizations)
- Lord High Admiral
- Louis Harris Associates (polling)
- Louisiana Hospital Association (est. 1926)
- Love Hina Again (anime)
- Lowell Housing Authority (Massachusetts)
- Luteinizing Hormone, Alpha Chain
- Landing Helicopter-Assault/Landing Helicopter-Deck
Samples in periodicals archive:
Under the new system, most benefits, including Local Housing Allowance (LHA), will be rolled into one monthly payment.
Rents will be set at around 80% of market value and within the local housing allowance limits.
Smokers and pets are considered and Local Housing Allowance applicants accepted with a suitable guarantor.
Currently, younger people who are out-of-work and renting in the private sector are only entitled to local housing allowance (LHA) at the same rate as someone renting a single room in a shared house.
Anyone making a claim for help with rental payments to a private landlord, can be considered for Local Housing Allowance (LHA).
The report, which will be presented to the scrutiny committee today, says: "During the period January 2012 to September 2012, 1,900 tenants who are currently renting in the private sector will have their local housing allowance reduced.
The Coalition announced changes to Local Housing Allowance - welfare payments to tenants with low incomes - in the June budget.