4) There is rather less consensus on whether public health agencies and local health units should be involved in public policy advocacy, (1,4,5) that is, efforts to influence policies, statements, and practices by authorities through various forms of persuasion.
What does LHU stand for?
LHU stands for Local Health Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LHU
We have 7 other meanings of LHU in our Acronym Attic
- Long Hill Township Public Library (Gillette, NJ)
- Larry Harris Tournament Rules (online gaming)
- Light Horse Training Regiment (est. 1916; Egypt)
- Low-Harmonic Thyristor Rectifier
- Leanne Hughes Theatre School (Bedfordshire, England, UK)
- Local Heat Transfer Simulation (thermophysics)
- London Hotels and Travel Services (UK)
- Let's Hook Up
- Liverpool Hope University (UK)
- Load Halfword Unsigned
- Lock Haven University (Lock Haven, PA, USA)
- London Housing Unit (est. 1987)
- Lord Help Us
- Lake Harriet Upper Campus (Minnesota)
- Liverpool Hope University College (UK)
- Lock Haven University Foundation (Lock Haven, PA)
- Linotype-Hell Users Group
- Life & Health Underwriters Inc.
- Lake Highlands United Methodist Church (Dallas, TX)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the summer months, the GRCA and local health units regularly tests the water in its pools and designated beaches to ensure water meets the guidelines set for swimming areas in Ontario.
Initial interviews with Ministry of Health staff resulted in referrals to 14 local health units across Panama that produced their own information, which it was neither feasible nor reasonable for the CSOs to try to gather and analyze.
Participants were recruited among the 2,866 patients referring to the Memory and Cognitive Disorders Unit of the Local Health Unit of Bologna, Maggiore Hospital, between October 2000 and February 2006.
We describe results from a tick-borne zoonoses surveillance system that was implemented in 2002 at the Lucca local health unit (ASL 2) in Tuscany, Italy.
Try contacting your local health unit for further suggestions.
Your local health unit or community centre * Your local AIDS organizations * AIDS hotlines * Your doctor * Your family planning clinic * National AIDS Clearing-house, 400-1565 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 8R1, Fax (613)725-9826
When there is a serious injury or pregnancy issue and the local health unit is not able to tackle it, they call us and we come and take the patient to Rankin Inlet, Churchill or Winnipeg for treatment" says Klym.