In comes the Common Services Agency (now NHS National Services Scotland), to take on key central functions, and local health councils, to represent patients.
What does LHC stand for?
LHC stands for Local Health Council (various locations)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LHC
We have 102 other meanings of LHC in our Acronym Attic
- Left-Hand Circular
- Legal Heir Certificate (Thashil Office, India)
- Les Hale Chorale (Cedar Falls, IA)
- Les Horribles Cernettes (band)
- Lifetime Health Cover (Australia)
- Light's Hope Chapel (gaming, World of Warcraft)
- Light-Harvesting Complex
- Linköping Hockey Club
- Little Hunting Creek (Virginia)
- Local Harbor Control
- Local Host Cache
- Local Host Committee (conferences)
- Local Housing Company (UK)
- Log Homes Council
- London Highland Club (UK)
- London Homeless Coalition (Ontario, Canada)
- Lonely Hearts Club
- Long Hair Community (website)
- Long-Haul Communications (National Missile Defense)
- Lost Himalayan City (Arctic Thunder game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cardiff had been promised a Bill to get Health Minister Jane Hutt's current magnum opus through - the rearrangement of the health service to establish local health councils and produce health care which emphasises the GP and the local level.
provincial cutbacks and layoffs will have a huge impact on our First Nations health organizations as we will no longer have representation on local health councils and health societies as they no longer exist.
The group will provide the first Parliamentary forum for MPs to meet and discuss the concerns of local health councils on a national level.
The key Aboriginal Organisations in the area are detailed and organisational charts of a member community council and a local health council are included.
Health Minister Frances Lankin has asked the local health council in each of the major northern centres to examine how this can be achieved.