Elected mayors have figured prominently in the prognoses for the revival of local government set out in recent reports, not least the Government's Local Government White Paper, which declared mayors to be the most effective form of leadership.
What does LGWP stand for?
LGWP stands for Local Government White Paper (publication; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LGWP
We have 2 other meanings of LGWP in our Acronym Attic
- Local Government (Wales) Act (UK)
- Local Government Women's Association (Australia)
- Louisiana Ground Water Association (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Local Government Wide Area Network
- Laser Guided Weapons in Close Air Support
- Lake Gaston Weed Control Council (Virginia)
- Look Good While Driving
- Loss of Gray-White Differentiation
- Local Government Working Group
- Large Groundwater Withdrawal Permit (Department of Environmental Services; New Hampshire)
- Low Global Warming Potential
- Lehigh Gap Wildlife Refuge (Lehigh Gap Nature Center; Pennsylvania)
- Log Writer (component of the Oracle Database Engine)
- Little Giant Wing Span
- Lower Guadalupe Water Supply Project
- Los Gatos Weekly Times (California newspaper)
- Local Government Workers Union (Ghana)
- Long Wave
- Lodging Guide World Wide (website)
- Light Guide Cross-connect
Samples in periodicals archive:
Last October's Local Government White Paper identified parish councils as keystones of local democracy.
The concept of City Regions is continuing to gather momentum as Ruth Kelly prepares to comment in the Local Government White Paper due to be published in the next month.
On March 15 we will see what proposals the National Assembly's Local Government White Paper identifies in providing opportunities to invest in greater resources for new and existing members and officers to improve their performance and that of their authority.
Stephen Byers, Secretary of State for Transport, Local Government and the Regions, claimed the Local Government White Paper marked a turning of the tide of control from London back to councils.