I am appealing to all local government units to make use of the geo-hazard maps distributed by the department of environment and natural resources [DENR] to help them avoid loss of lives and properties," said Paje, adding that many local government units have allowed the proliferation of informal settlers.
What does LGU stand for?
LGU stands for Local Government Unit
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LGU
We have 18 other meanings of LGU in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Guided Training Round
- Lights (street suffix)
- Logistics Transportation Traffic Management (USAF)
- Linking Girls to the Land (Girl Scouts)
- Libin Gene Therapy Unit (University of Calgary; Alberta, Canada)
- London Gypsy and Traveller Unit (UK)
- Let's Get The Word Out! (anti-MLM site)
- Ladies' Golf Union
- Land-Grant University
- Legit Gamers Unit (Internet gaming community)
- London Guildhall University (UK)
- Lucash, Gesmer & Updegrove (law firm; Boston MA)
- Local Government Unit Debt Act
- Lawson Global User Group (Lawson Software, Inc.)
- Local Government Unit Guarantee Corporation (funding agency; est. 1998; Philippines)
- Leg Glucose Uptake Rate
- Los Gatos Union School District (California)
- Los Gatos United Soccer League (California)
- Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation
- Lakeside Golf Vammala (Finland)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Provido said they are also aiming to put up nursery productions in every local government unit (LGU) in which DA will assist the growing of seedlings that will later be distributed to farmers.
The DBP will offer loans to local government units, public utilities, other state firms, and private enterprises that are looking to undertake infrastructure projects.
17) The term megacity was employed primarily by critics of amalgamation, to suggest that the large size of the new unit contradicted citizen concerns about retaining smaller-scale, ostensibly more responsive local government units.
etc have referred to these local government units as a basis for popular geography, despite the fact that the various Local Government Acts specifically stated that they were solely for the purpose of local government.
It has enlisted the help of other NGOs through a workshop geared towards coalition-building for NGOs, peoples' organizations (POs) and Local Government Units (LGUs) in Baguio City.
The Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission, which helps local government units with land planning, has put biodiversity recovery at the center of its development policy.