Kirklees councillors may a join the Local Government Pension Scheme up to the age of 75.
What does LGPS stand for?
LGPS stands for Local Government Pension Scheme (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LGPS
We have 1 other meaning of LGPS in our Acronym Attic
- Licensed Graduate Psychiatric Nurse (credential)
- Local Group Policy Object
- Local Government Project Procedures
- Leading Group for Poverty Reduction (China)
- Les Goldberg Public Relations (California)
- Localizing Ground Penetrating Radar
- Lotnicza Grupa Poszukiwawczo-Ratunkowa (Polish search and rescue group)
- Local Government Public Relations Association (Australia)
- Landsat Ground Processing System (USGS)
- Leukemic Guinea Pig Serum
- Local Government and Public Service Reform Initiative
- Local Government Project Support Unit (Ghana)
- Laser Gated and Pumped Thyristor
- Little GP (Gamepark) Tracker (music tracker)
- Linear Gaussian Quadratic
- London Gallery Quire (London, UK choir)
- Lesbian-Gay-Queer Research Initiative (University of Michigan; Ann Arbor, MI)
- Lansing Grand River (General Motors; Michigan)
- Laser-Guided Rocket
- Last Great Race
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Northumberland Local Government Pension Scheme is part of the national scheme established by Act of Parliament and is therefore a statutory requirement.
Although the Teachers' Pension Scheme would continue unaffected, it is unclear what would happen to administrative staff and their Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Unison estimates the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) costs the taxpayer just 5p in every pounds 1 paid in council Ta x.
He also claimed the Local Government Pension Scheme had become unsustainable and needed urgent reform.
Environment Minister Alex Attwood said increases imposed by the Government in Britain will "not apply to the 44,000 workers who contribute to the Local Government Pension Scheme in Northern Ireland".
Employees enrolled on the Local Government Pension Scheme make a contribution of between 5.