Councillor David Harrington was last week named as the Online Councillor of the Year at the Local Government Information Unit (LGiU) and CCLA Achievement Awards.
What does LGIU stand for?
LGIU stands for Local Government Information Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Local Government Insurance Service (Australia)
- Louisiana Geographic Information Systems Council
- Laboratoire de Géophysique Interne et de Tectonophysique (France)
- Last Glacial-Interglacial Transition (quaternary science)
- Le Groupe Informatique Tenet (Canada)
- Life Guard Instructor Trainer
- Local Government Insurance Trust (Hanover, MD)
- Low Glycemic Index Treatment (medicine)
- Local Government Information Technology Directors Association (New York)
- Local Government Industry Training Organisation (New Zealand)
- La Garenne Jeunesse (French youth association)
- Ladies Golf Journey (publication; est. 1996)
- Living Greyhawk Journal (magazine)
- Lang Gysi Knoll (Swiss company)
- Langkawi, Malaysia (Airport Code)
- Late Greek
- Location-Guided K-Ary Algorithm (K = number of nearest destinations)
- Low Greek
- Last Generation Korean Killers (street gang)
- Lama Gangchen Kiurok Tsochun (Dutch humanitarian organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report by the Local Government Information Unit and Westminster council said payments should be linked to claimants' lifestyles.
The Local Government Information Unit thinktank polled 53 local authorities on the anniversary of the riots which marred many cities in August 2011.
He now works for the Local Government Information Unit in London and a new Swansea Council Chief executive has been appointed on a salary of pounds 150,000 a year.
Deputy council leader Cllr John Mutton (Lab, Binley and Willenhall) said he had initial misgivings until he checked the going rates with the Local Government Information Unit and IdEA, a local government think tank.
Peter Challis, of the Local Government Information Unit, said: "The Government has been shifting more and more of the tax burden to local councils, who have had to raise their local taxes.
Councillor David Harrington, Stockton Council's Cabinet member for corporate management and finance, has been named as the Online Councillor of the Year at the Local Government Information Unit (LGiU) and CCLA Achievement Awards.
The awards from the Local Government Information Unit aims to identify unsung heroes.