The Local Government Data Unit released an annual appraisal of how councils are performing, saying that improvement had been seen across 70% of comparable indicators in the last year, while nearly six in 10 indicators saw the gap between the best and worst-performing authorities narrow.
What does LGDU stand for?
LGDU stands for Local Government Data Unit (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- La Guilde Des Joueurs (French: The Guild of Players)
- Les Guerriers du Lendemain (French combat history organization)
- Local Government Directory List (UK)
- Low-Grade Dysplastic Nodule (oncology)
- Lacrimal Gland Duct Only
- Local Government Development Program
- La Gazzetta Dello Sport (Italian sports newspaper)
- Linear Gap Displacement Transducer
- Load Global Descriptor Table
- Lets Get Down to Business (Widespread Panic Song)
- Laser-Guided Direct Writing
- La Grande Weather Service (Oregon)
- Laser Guided Energy
- Lateral Ganglionic Eminence (neurology)
- LG Electronics
- Lions Gate Entertainment (Santa Monica, CA)
- Litre per Gasoline Equivalent
- Local Government Election (various locations)
- Local Government Employers (UK)
- Local Government Enterprise (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report by the Local Government Data Unit Wales on councils' performance shows that in 2012-13, 73% of comparable performance indicators improved during the year.
DENBIGHSHIRE County Council is the best in Wales, according to statistics recently issued by the Local Government Data Unit.
uk OUR UNOFFICIAL LEAGUE TABLE AVERAGE NUMBER OF DAYS TO DELIVER DISABLED FACILITY GRANTS DELAYED TRANSFERS OF CARE PER 1,000 OF POPULATION AGED 75+ % OF FLY TIPPING INCIDENTS CLEARED WITHIN FIVE DAYS % OF PUPILS LEAVING SCHOOL WITHOUT ANY QUALIFICATION % OF WASTE RECYCLED SOURCE: LOCAL GOVERNMENT DATA UNIT
The Local Government Data Unit Wales has outlined a plan for the development and management of a bespoke data and information service.
A recent report from Local Government Data Unit for Wales showcased the good work achieved in Rhondda Cynon Taff which boasts only 11% of highways are in "poor" condition, below the all-Wales average of 13.
The Local Government Data Unit Wales' sixth annual report was based on information collected from all 22 councils in Wales and looks at performance across a range of service areas.
He described the delay in getting the business plan as a "hiccup", but said it had given the forum breathing space to find out more about what sort of information might be available from the Local Government Data Unit LGDU, a Cardiff-based company which supplies local authorities with statistical data.