Or, if the attacker could write to the local file system, say through a browser vulnerability, then the local name resolution file (such as the hosts file on Windows) could be amended with false addresses.
What does LFS stand for?
LFS stands for Local File System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of LFS
We have 134 other meanings of LFS in our Acronym Attic
- Lexus Financial Service (various locations)
- Li-Fraumeni Syndrome (cancer predisposition syndrome)
- Libertarian Futurist Society (political foresight group)
- Licensed Financial Services Division
- Lifelong Friendship Society (Brooklyn, NY)
- Link Fault Signaling (protocol)
- Linux Filesystem Standard
- Linux from Scratch
- Lip Fullness Scale (dermatology)
- Live for Speed (computer racing simulation)
- Local Fish Store
- Log-Structured File System (Unix, BSD)
- Logistics Fleet Support
- London Film School
- Looking for Squad (gaming)
- Loopback File System
- Loral Federal Systems
- Lost, Forgotten or Stolen (badges; Sandia National Laboratories; California and New Mexico)
- Low Flammability, Low Sensitivity
- Low Floor Systems (bus model)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The objective is to study the effect of the server's local file system on overall network file access performance.
Figure 1 compares three file access methods: local file system access, network file system access, and DAFS access.
Allocation of data is controlled by the local file system on the file server.