There are other options you can consider too, such as sheltered housing (also known as retirement housing), or staying in your own home, but with a care package to assist you with certain things - you can ask for an assessment from your local authority social services department.
What does LASSD stand for?
LASSD stands for Local Authority Social Services Department (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LASSD
- Logistics Automated Support System II
- Large Area Silicon Strip Array (chemistry)
- Lebanese Association for School Safety Awareness (est. 2005; Lebanon)
- Library Assistants, Support Staff and Associates
- Licensed Animal Slaughters & Salvage Association
- Lipid and Atherosclerosis Society of Southern Africa
- Los Alamos Space and Science Committee
- Los Angeles Safe Schools Coalition (Los Angeles, CA)
- London Architectural Salvage and Supply Co.
- Legal Aid Society of San Diego (California)
- Longville Ambulance Subordinate Service District (est. 2006; Walker, MN)
- Low-input Agriculture and Soil Sustainability in Eastern Europe
- Local Authority Smartcard Standards E-Organisation (est. 2002; electronic services quality)
- Learning and Study Strategies Inventory
- Libraries and Social Software in Education (University of London Centre for Distance Education; London, England, UK)
- Learning Assistance and Study Skills Lab (Northern Illinois University)
- Local Authority Social Services Letters (UK)
- Leeds Asylum Seekers' Support Network
- Lasallian Supervised Schools Office (Phillippines)
- laser search and secure observer
Samples in periodicals archive:
You would have a lot of contact with outside organisations such as local With excellent organisational skills you could be a GP practice manager NHS trusts and primary care groups, and local authority social services departments.
Its teams have a wide range of knowledge, skills and experience to carry out their statutory duties in respect of all registered social care services, including local authority social services departments.
Local authority social services departments would be responsible for ensuring that every child needing a therapist would see one.
The Blue Badge scheme, which is managed locally on behalf of the DfT by local authority social services departments, allows people who are registered blind or have severe walking difficulties and who travel either as drivers or passengers to be parked near shops, stations and other facilities.
The crisis has been fuelled by foster parents turning their backs on working for local authority social services departments and signing up with private agencies.