Now the Food Standards Agency in Scotland (FSAS) is promoting the Food Hygiene Information Scheme (FHIS), devised in partnership with local authority environmental health teams, that allows consumers easy access to the results of these food hygiene inspections.
What does LAEH stand for?
LAEH stands for Local Authority Environmental Health
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LAEH
- Latin American Educational Foundation
- Left Atrial Ejection Force
- Left Atrial Ejection Fraction
- Left Atrium Emptying Fraction
- Liberation of Achik Elite Force (est. 2005; India)
- Los Altos Educational Foundation (California)
- Laboratorio de Astrofisica Espacialy Fisica Fundamental (Spanish: Laboratory of Space Astrophysics and Fundamental Physics; Madrid, Spain)
- Lilly Aquatic Exposure Guideline
- Lewiston Auburn Economic Growth Council (Maine, US)
- Latin American Environmental History
- Louisiana Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth (Lafayette, LA)
- Lanatec Associates Environmental, Inc. (Canada)
- Left Atrial Emptying Index
- London Atmospheric Emissions Inventory (London, England, UK)
- Landesärztekammer Rheinland-Pfalz
- Landes Aerztekammer Hessen
- Live Action Evangelion Movie (Anime)
- Linguistic Atlas of Early Middle English
- Latin American Environmental Group
- Laboratorio Apprendimento E Nuove Tecnologie (Italian: Laboratory Learning and New Technologies)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although food shops are already covered by legislation implemented by local authority environmental health officers, the new licences are more specifically geared towards retailers selling raw meat and ready-to-eat food including supermarkets.
Employer's duties under health and safety law can be enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and by the Local Authority Environmental Health Department.
Mr Morgan said "poor hygiene practices at the abattoir and the butcher's premises" caused the outbreak, but he added "these failings were not dealt with effectively by the Meat Hygiene Service or local authority environmental health officers".
Local Authority Environmental Health Officers across the region are tasked with ensuring the law is followed.
The law will be enforced by local authority Environmental Health Officers, who will be able to give out fixed-penalty notices to anyone committing an offence.
We have been given a clean bill of health from them and the local authority environmental health department, which also regularly visits our restaurants.
The Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, which represents local authority environmental health officers, has made urgent calls for the food industry to clean up its act - starting at farms, through slaughter- houses and processing plants, to the retailer.