The Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) is meant to enable MPs to recommend works of developmental nature with emphasis on creation of durable community assets based on locally felt needs.
What does LADS stand for?
LADS stands for Local Area Development Scheme (India)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LADS
We have 39 other meanings of LADS in our Acronym Attic
- Laser Air Defense System
- Laser Airborne Depth Sounder (system)
- Lateinamerikanische Diaspora Schweiz (German: Latin American Diaspora Switzerland)
- Launch Area Determination System
- Laundry Advanced System (Army water-based mobile field laundry unit)
- Levy Animal Drawing Story (art therapy)
- Lightweight Air Defense System
- Limited Air Defense System
- Liquidated and Ascertained Damages (construction contract)
- Local Area Data Service
- Location Aware Devices & Services
- Low Altitude Demonstration System
- Limited Active Duty Service Commitment
- LaGrange Area Department of Special Education (LaGrange, IL)
- Ladder Logic Editor and Programmable Logic Controller Simulator
- Liverpool and District Scientific Industrial and Research Library Advisory Council
- Los Angeles Doctors Symphony Orchestra (Los Angeles, CA)
- Linux Audio Developer's Simple Plugin API
- Land Allocation Decision Support System (land use planning tool)
- Livingston Area Down Syndrome Society (est. 2003; Chatsworth, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The summary of expenditure under MPs Local Area Development Scheme ( MPLADS) fund was prepared by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
According to Ajay Maken, the newly appointed head of the ruling party's communication department, besides asking party lawmakers of the Houses of Parliament and state assemblies, Gandhi has also instructed them to give Rs1 million (Dh61,964) each from their Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) fund.
5 of the Guidelines of Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) stipulates: There is a greater need to develop areas inhabited by Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in order to give special attention for the infrastructure development of such areas.
36 of the Guidelines of Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) inter alia stipulates: In order to foster a grass-root bottoms-up approach to innovation and development and to arrive at solutions for local problems, which are sustainable and scalable, there is a need for seeking out and campaigning for ideas that have the potential to solve challenges.
New Delhi, July 7 (ANI): The Union Cabinet today decided to increase the development funds allocated to Members of Parliament under Local Area Development Scheme from the existing two crore to five crore rupees from the current financial year.
He said, Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) is implemented as per the Guidelines of MPLADS.
The EC has asked the Centre/State Governments not to release Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) funds in areas, where elections are in progress.