But on this occasion, a crucial element of the package is a pounds 10bn loan guarantee scheme to help not-for-profit organisations like housing associations borrow money to build affordable homes.
What does LGS stand for?
LGS stands for Loan Guarantee Scheme (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LGS
We have 118 other meanings of LGS in our Acronym Attic
- Lead Generation Specialist (communications position)
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Legislation et Gestion Scolaire
- Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
- Lets Get Serious
- Licensed Gun Store
- LiGaS2 (nonlinear optical crystal)
- Light Gasoline Splitter (petroleum industry)
- Light Gauge Steel (steel frame construction system)
- Light Green Seal (currency)
- Local Game Store (roleplaying)
- Local Gun Store
- Location Grouping System
- Location-Guided Steiner Tree
- Lodi Gas Storage (Houston, TX)
- Looking Glass Studios (game development company)
- Loughborough Grammar School (UK)
- Louisiana Geological Society (est. 1934)
- Louisiana Geriatrics Society
- Low Growth Scenario (economic model)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But in a statement he confirmed that the scheme would ultimately supersede the 20 billion pounds National Loan Guarantee Scheme (NLGS), known as credit easing, which was unveiled in March as a flagship policy to boost lending to businesses.
A pounds 20billion national loan guarantee scheme would help get credit to businesses.
Byline: Torcuil Crichton A NEW loan guarantee scheme for small businesses is to be branded with a Union Jack to drive home a Budget message that Scotland is better off in the UK.
The EEF said it was urging the government to ensure the National Loan Guarantee Scheme was "pushed strongly" through the banks.
The National Loan Guarantee Scheme will issue new low-interest loans and overdrafts to businesses with a turnover of less than pounds 50 million.