We can say then of literature for young readers that it differs from literature for adults in degree but not in kind.
What does LYRE stand for?
LYRE stands for Literature for Young Readers (Youngstown State University; Youngstown, OH)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Linda Young Public Relations Ltd. (Glasgow, Scotland)
- Lockhart Youth Pop Warner (Texas)
- Lutheran Youth of Queensland
- Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway (England, UK)
- Last Year Rate
- London Youth Rowing
- Longyearbyen, Norway - Svalbard (Airport Code)
- Love You Really
- Lake Yacht Racing Association
- Lavender Youth Recreation and Information Center
- Lead Yard Services
- Local Yarn Store
- Local Youth Service (Ireland)
- Love Your Space (professional organization services; Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Love Yourself
- Lyon, France - Satolas (Airport Code)
- Lysine (Amino Acid)
- Lafayette Youth Soccer Association (Lafayette, LA)
- Lebanon Youth Soccer Association (Ohio)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Rosen was selected as the Children's Laureate in 2007 in recognition of his contribution to literature for young readers.
FEBRUARY February 5 Explore the world of literature for young readers at the 13th Annual African American Children's Book Fair at the Community College of Philadelphia.
Elementary English Review (later Elementary English, later Language Arts) reflected Certain's interest in libraries and literature for young readers through semi-annual reviews of new spring and fall lists of children's books, interviews with children's authors, and numerous articles on children's literature and children's reading.