However, the Listed Places of Worship Grant scheme provides repayment of VAT paid on repair work to listed church buildings.
What does LPWGS stand for?
LPWGS stands for Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (taxes; UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Lower Penobscot Watershed Coalition (Maine)
- Left Posterior Wall Dimension
- Learning Place of Woopo Ecology (South Korea)
- Licence Pro Webmestre Editorial (French: Pro License Editorial Webmaster; Polytechnic University of Paris, Descartes)
- Labor Project for Working Families
- Ladies Pro Wrestling Federation
- Low Power Wait for Interrupt
- Labor Productivity Work Group (Irrigated Rice Research Consortium)
- Land Publication Working Group
- Long-Period Waveguide Grating
- Landesverband Praxisnetze Westfalen-Lippe (German political organization)
- Libertarian Party of West Michigan
- Lower Platte Weed Management Area (Nebraska)
- Lampang Pony Welfare Organization (Thailand)
- Lake Pelican Water Project District (South Dakota)
- Laughing Policeman Wireless Society (amateur radio)
- Libertarian Party of Washington State
- Lifetime Personal Web Space (proposal)
- Long Pointer to Wide String
- Libertarian Party of West Viriginia
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mr Glanville said: "Repair works have always attracted VAT at full rate but there has been some compensation for churches through the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (LPWGS) which has returned in grant much of the VAT payable (though this too has been subject to cuts and amounts now to a return of about one-half to two-thirds of the VAT that is paid out).
Some conservation specialists noted the negative impact of the changes to the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme, which means that VAT can no longer be re-claimed in relation to professional fees on these projects.