moved Magnetic Particle Inspection, Liquid Penetrant Testing and Corrosion Testing to another nearby building to provide room for growth and new equipment.
What does PT stand for?
PT stands for Liquid Penetrant Testing (welding)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of PT
We have 127 other meanings of PT in our Acronym Attic
- Polnoe Sobranie Zakonov Rossiiskoi Imperii (Russian: Complete Law Collection of the Russian Empire; book)
- Prep Sports Zone (high school sports website)
- Puerto Suarez, Bolivia (Airport Code)
- Pénzügyi Szervek Állami Felügyelete (Budapest, Hungary; Hungarian Financial Supervisory Authority)
- Polskie Stowarzyszenie Zarzadzania Kadrami (Polish Association of Human Resources Management; Warsaw, Poland)
- Politechnika Slaska Zeszyty Naukowe Mechanika (Polish: Scientific Journal of Mechanics, Slaska Polytechnic University; Poland)
- Polnoe Sobranie Zakonov Rossiiskoi Imperii (Russian law collection)
- Powiatowy Szkolny Zwiazek Sportowy (Polish: District School of Sporting)
- Pauw Sanders Zeilstra Van Spaendonck (The Netherlands)
- (USN Rating) Photographic Intelligenceman
Samples in periodicals archive:
SGS can provide a wide portfolio of services for pipeline welding inspection: * Ultrasonic testing; * Magnetic particle testing; * Visual inspection; * Liquid penetrant testing for non-ferrous steel * Dimensional control; * Mechanical and chemical testing of welds; * Damage investigation, expertise on pipeline girth weld damages; and * Advanced ultrasonic testing (eg, phased array, ToFD, automatic ultrasonic testing (AUT)).
Paper Machine Areas 0402-11 Liquid Penetrant Testing of New Suction Roll Shells.
The test method also possesses the following unique qualities: * crack detection is not impaired by a component's complex geometry or material properties; * a relatively large area can be inspected from a single location; * it has the ability to detect blind cracks, which would otherwise be invisible with conventional fluorescent liquid penetrant testing techniques.
There are five methods of NDT available to metalcasting - magnetic particle testing (MT), liquid penetrant testing (PT), ultrasonic testing (UT), radio- graphic testing (RT) and eddy current testing (ET).