There is a continuing role for high linear energy transfer (LET) radiotherapy in treating human malignancies.
What does LET stand for?
LET stands for Linear Energy Transfer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LET
We have 89 other meanings of LET in our Acronym Attic
- Leticia, Colombia - Gen Av Cobo (Airport Code)
- Letter (File Name Extension)
- Leukocyte Esterase Test
- Level Electrical Transmitter
- Licensure Examination for Teachers (Philippines)
- Lidocaine, Epinephrine and Tetracaine (topical anesthetic)
- Light Emitting Transistor
- Light Emitting Triode (electronics)
- Light Equipment Transporter
- Line Equipment Transfer
- Live Entertainment Tax
- Logical Equipment Table
- Logical Exchange Termination (Cisco)
- Logistics Escape Trunk
- Logistics Escape Trunk (US Trident Submarine SSBN 726 Class)
- Low Energy Telescope (NASA)
- Letter Ruling (issued by US Internal Revenue Service)
- Liquid Effluent Treatment and Disposal Liability Act
- Laboratoire Esthetique Theorique et Applique
- Lancaster Employment and Training Agency (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because radiation sources vary greatly in their energy-release profiles, biologists rank them by their linear energy transfer (LET).
The energy delivered per unit length of path, electron-volts per micrometer, is called the linear energy transfer, or LET, of the radiation.