Researchers are looking outside the limited gene pool now in common use to find sources for essential new traits that growers need for the future.
What does LGP stand for?
LGP stands for Limited Gene Pool
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LGP
We have 62 other meanings of LGP in our Acronym Attic
- Legend of Golden Plume (online game)
- Leica Gallery Prague
- Length of Growing Period
- Lergravsparken (Danish railway station)
- Lesbian and Gay Pride
- Let's Get Published (web portal for authors)
- Let's Go Pens (Pittsburgh Penguins fan website)
- Light Guiding Panel
- Light-Gathering Power
- Linux Game Publishing
- Linux Global Partners
- Little Green People
- Loan Guarantee Program (various organizations)
- Local Governance Program (Iraq)
- Local Government Partnership (various locations)
- Local Government Plan (various locations)
- Local Group Policy (Microsoft Windows)
- Low Gas Pressure
- Low Ground Pressure
Samples in periodicals archive:
Not only is this concept intriguing, but the potential to utilize cloning amongst near-extinct populations of wild animals to enhance limited gene pools is one step closer to becoming a reality.
Taking Ug from the limited gene pool of the time could remove the population of Belgium.