Trading in automated auctions occurs through an electronic limit order book without the need for dealers.
What does LOB stand for?
LOB stands for Limit Order Book (finance)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LOB
We have 41 other meanings of LOB in our Acronym Attic
- Lateral Organ Boundary (genes)
- Launch Operations Building
- Lazy Old Bastard
- Lease Office Building (United Arab Emirates)
- Left On Base (baseball)
- Left Out Board (locations of aircraft underwing pylons)
- Legend of Blue-Eyes White Dragon (Yu-Gi-Oh cards)
- Legion of Boom (Seattle Seahawks)
- Library of Birmingham (Birmingham, England, UK)
- Limit of Blank
Samples in periodicals archive:
One possible explanation for this is that depth quotes are derived directly from the limit order book, and that limit orders are submitted more cautiously when the market shows informational trading.