8% last year for titanium and aluminium alloy M777 considered lighter than conventional 155mm weapons Abu Dhabi The orderbook of UK-based BAE Systems, a global defence, security and aerospace company, for lightweight 155mm howitzers is about $1.
What does LW155 stand for?
LW155 stands for Lightweight 155mm Howitzer
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Lower West
- Luftwaffe (German: air force)
- Lutheran Worship
- Lylat Wars (game)
- US East Coast to Southwest Pacific (routing designation;US Navy)
- Large White x Landrace (pig breed)
- Laneman - Wornell Space-Time-Coded Protocol
- Light-Weight Air Warning Radar
- Lung Weight/Body Weight (ratio)
- Lethal Weapon 2 (movie)
- Litter Weight at 20 Days (veterinary medicine)
- Lethal Weapon 3 (movie)
- Lethal Weapon 4 (movie)
- Litter Weight at 45 Days (veterinary medicine)
- Land & Water Australia (est. 1990)
- Land Withdrawal Act
- Lawrence Woodmere Academy (Woodmere, NY)
- Leaky-Wave Antenna
- Lee Weil Associates, Inc (Chicago, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
With the recent delivery of 18 new M777 lightweight 155mm howitzers to the Army's 2nd Battalion, 11th Field Artillery, at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, the King of Battle--the field artillery's nickname--took a giant step forward.
An $843-million, four-year contract has been awarded to BAE Systems of Barrow-in-Furness in the United Kingdom, to manufacture the weapons and 94 digital fire-control retrofit kits, according to Jim Shields, deputy program manager for the lightweight 155mm howitzer program.