IN THE famous painting The Light of the World by William Holman Hunt the scene is set at night and is of Christ holding a lantern and knocking at a door.
What does LOTW stand for?
LOTW stands for Light of the World
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LOTW
- Lords of the Underground
- Landelijke Organisatie Tot Uitbeelding Van Slachtoffers (actors that pretend to be injured, to train first-aiders)
- League of Trans Unified Sisters
- Light of Truth Universal Shrine (Yogaville, VA, USA)
- Long Term Upper Ocean Story
- Lots of Trouble Usually Serious
- League of Technical Voters
- Legacy of the Void (gaming)
- Languages of the World
- Leaders of the World (various organizations)
- Link of the Week
- Logbook of the World (amateur radio)
- Looking out the Window (podcast)
- Lord of the Weed (Lord of the Rings parody)
- The Life of the World (Orthodox Christian blog)
- Light of the World Christian Center (Topeka, KS)
- Language of the Year
- Losers of the Year (band)
- Leading Ones Trailing Zeroes (computer program)
- Hello You (email slang)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The light of the candles reminds us that Jesus is the light of the world that comes into the darkness of our lives.
His mother whispered to him: "Jesus said, 'I am the Light of the world.
Finet, "During the retreat, Christ the Light of the world is revealed, a light which is taught and a light which is lived by the whole community bearing witness together.
December 25 was chosen late in the third century to celebrate the nativity of Jesus, relating the light of the world to the winter solstice and the pagan feast of the Unconquered Sun.