A traditional light microscope has a shallow depth of field; only a sliver of an object can be in focus at one time.
What does LM stand for?
LM stands for Light Microscope
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LM
We have 60 other meanings of LM in our Acronym Attic
- Levenberg-Marquardt (algorithm)
- Liberal Movement (politics)
- Liberty Mountain (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Libris Mortis (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Licensed Midwife
- Life Master (Contract Bridge Ranking)
- Life Member
- Lifetime Maintenance
- Light Magnum (ammunition)
- Light Meter (photography)
- Lightwave Multimeter (Agilent)
- Linden Meadows School (Canada)
- Line Monitor
- Link and Motivation, Inc. (Japan)
- Linux Magazine
- Linux-Mandrake (Linux Distribution)
- Liquid Metal
- Liquidity-Money (macroeconomic curve that links interest rates and output as a result of interactions in asset markets)
- List of Material/s
- Litchfield and Madison Railroad
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 6000ILM AFM is an atomic force microscopy platform and a state-of-the-art research solution that is said to seamlessly integrate the capabilities of an AFM with those of an inverted light microscope or an inverted confocal microscope.
While a light microscope kicks a sperm cell's metaphorical tires, Raman spectroscopy pops the trunk to directly examine the DNA payload.
Accompanying the text is a CD-ROM, The Virtual Plant, containing photographs and scanning electron microscope images, illustrated instructions on the use of the light microscope, and laboratory exercises.