Umpires Bruce Oxenford and Simon Fry were placed in a spot, as Cricket Australia had inexplicably not given them light meters and they were forced to use their own judgment.
What does LM stand for?
LM stands for Light Meter (photography)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LM
We have 60 other meanings of LM in our Acronym Attic
- Les Miserables
- Levenberg-Marquardt (algorithm)
- Liberal Movement (politics)
- Liberty Mountain (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Libris Mortis (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Licensed Midwife
- Life Master (Contract Bridge Ranking)
- Life Member
- Lifetime Maintenance
- Light Magnum (ammunition)
- Light Microscope
- Lightwave Multimeter (Agilent)
- Linden Meadows School (Canada)
- Line Monitor
- Link and Motivation, Inc. (Japan)
- Linux Magazine
- Linux-Mandrake (Linux Distribution)
- Liquid Metal
- Liquidity-Money (macroeconomic curve that links interest rates and output as a result of interactions in asset markets)
- List of Material/s
Samples in periodicals archive:
Even at noon, it remained murky - the floodlights were on, and the umpires kept the light meters handy.
Since then Sampson has been working on a new light meter application for the iPhone called Hi-Light.
Police have been equipped with light meters which can accurately measure the light levels coming through car glass.
Officers have been equipped with light meters which can accurately measure the light levels coming through the glass - regulations state a minimum 75% of light must be allowed to pass through the windscreen of a vehicle and 70% through both side windows in the front.
After contacting the council to complain two officials came to my house to take light meter readings.
THIS is the umpires' light meter that had the Aussies muttering darkly yesterday about daylight robbery.