IT AIN'T LIGHT MAGNUM Increasing velocity is not exactly new.
What does LM stand for?
LM stands for Light Magnum (ammunition)
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of LM
We have 60 other meanings of LM in our Acronym Attic
- Leprosy Mission
- Les Miserables
- Levenberg-Marquardt (algorithm)
- Liberal Movement (politics)
- Liberty Mountain (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Libris Mortis (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
- Licensed Midwife
- Life Master (Contract Bridge Ranking)
- Life Member
- Lifetime Maintenance
- Light Meter (photography)
- Light Microscope
- Lightwave Multimeter (Agilent)
- Linden Meadows School (Canada)
- Line Monitor
- Link and Motivation, Inc. (Japan)
- Linux Magazine
- Linux-Mandrake (Linux Distribution)
- Liquid Metal
- Liquidity-Money (macroeconomic curve that links interest rates and output as a result of interactions in asset markets)
Samples in periodicals archive:
You'll remember, though, that of the 11 loadings comprising the Light Magnum line, all were non-magnums, and of those many were in calibers not particularly noted for extracting every last fps available given the size of the case.
The Hornady line includes Light Magnum and Heavy Magnum loads: standard and belted mag rounds turbocharged to add 150 fps or so to ordinary velocities without exceeding SAAMI pressure limits.
If you want more velocity, Hornady Light Magnum loads add 100 or so fps.
Light Magnum combines special powder design with advanced loading technology to transform standard rifle calibers into virtual magnums, while maintaining standard pressures and temperatures.
MUZZLE VELOCITY fps Federal Nosler Paritition 140 2660 Federal Slerra Pro-Hunter 140 2660 Federal Hi-Shock 175 2440 Hornady SST 139 2700 Hornady SST Light Magnum 140 2830 Remington Core-Lokt 140 2660 Winchester Power-Point 145 2660 Chart #2 .
It would appear that the first ammo manufacturer to commit to these new Finnish powders is Hornady, who earlier this year announced their Light Magnum loadings in .
Winchester doesn't claim quite the velocity boost that Hornady and Federal do for their Light Magnum and High Energy lines, respectively, but their High Velocity offerings do offer significant gains over standard performance.