On Monday, Iran also unveiled a light armored vehicle and an armored personnel carrier as part of its broader plan for increasing mobility of its armed forces.
What does LAV stand for?
LAV stands for Light Armored Vehicle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LAV
We have 53 other meanings of LAV in our Acronym Attic
- Lake Area United Way (Illinois)
- Librarians' Association of the University of Waterloo (Canada)
- Latch Valve
- Late Avestan (linguistics)
- Launch Axis Vertical
- Least Absolute Value (estimator)
- Licenciatura en Artes Visuales (Spanish: Bachelor of Visual Arts; México)
- Lifting Ascent Vehicle
- Light Amphibious Vehicle
- Light Assault Vehicle
- Like A Virgin (song)
- Live Attenuated Vaccine/Virus
- Livermore-Amador Valley (California)
- Load Average
- Los Angeles Valley (California)
- Lymphadenopathy-Associated Virus
- Light Armored Vehicles Air Defense (USMC)
- Light Armored Vehicle - Anti Tank (USMC)
- Light Armored Vehicle - Command & Control (USMC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is designed to destroy enemy heavy armor, light armored vehicles, air defense systems and self-propelled howitzers, according to Raytheon Missile Systems.
We also used the AH-1W Super Cobras and UH-1N 'Hueys' to escort light armored vehicles and light armored reconnaissance vehicles, flying slightly ahead to ensure the area was clear, and to give the ground troops instant on-call close air support if needed.
The Light Armored Vehicle is considered an interim choice until new--and as yet undeveloped--armored vehicles can be developed.