It was predicted that, per 1 000 men of all ages followed for their entire lives, annual screening of men between the ages of 55 and 69 years would result in 9 fewer deaths from prostate cancer (28% reduction), 14 fewer men receiving palliative therapy (35% reduction), and a total of 73 life years gained (average 8.
What does LYG stand for?
LYG stands for Life Years Gained (medicine)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LYG
We have 4 other meanings of LYG in our Acronym Attic
- Lutheran Youth Fellowship
- Love You Forever and Always
- Leave You Far Behind (Lunatic Calm song)
- Linwood Youth Festival Experience (New Zealand)
- Living for Young Families through Education (Department of Education)
- Living Your Freshman Experience (Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis)
- Love Your Family Everyday
- Love You for Life
- Londonderry Youth Football Spirit (New Hampshire)
- Laboratory Fleet Support
- Local Youth Group
- London Youth Games
- Losing Your Grip (text adventure game)
- Louisville Youth Group
- Luxury Yacht Group LLC (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Loving Yourself Girls Project
- Lagos Youth Hostel (Lagos, Portugal)
- Love Your Hair (hair salon)
- Lynchburg, VA, USA - Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- Lancaster-York Heritage Region (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Comparison of Life Years Gained or Lost For the people who shift from car to bicycle use for short trips, we estimated that the beneficial effect on all-cause mortality rates of the increased physical activity due to cycling is substantially larger (relative risk, 0.
The benefits of the final rule would be increased organ donation and transplantation with the results of life years gained, improvements in quality of life, resumption of employment for some patients, and an increase in access to dialysis as more patients receive kidney transplants.
Comparison of TB Treatment Strategies * Future Active Quality-Adjusted Treatment TB Cases Life Years Gained None 13,933 0 Isoniazid 4,342 26,763 Region-specific therapy ** 3,697 28,562 * Treatment strategies were compared for immigrants from all developing nations combined.