State law says a licensed midwife can't attend me at home and the closest hospital that will take me is 100 miles away.
What does LM stand for?
LM stands for Licensed Midwife
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LM
We have 60 other meanings of LM in our Acronym Attic
- Left-Arm Medium (cricket; also seen as LAM)
- Legal Momentum (formerly NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund)
- Legalize Murder
- Legion of Merit
- Leprosy Mission
- Les Miserables
- Levenberg-Marquardt (algorithm)
- Liberal Movement (politics)
- Liberty Mountain (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Libris Mortis (roleplaying games, Dungeons & Dragons)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Alberto Ramon, of Del Rio, TX, a licensed midwife, was charged with obtaining umbilical cord blood to create stem cells from his patients at a local maternity clinic.
Melissa Cheyney is a licensed midwife in Corvallis and assistant professor of medical anthropology at Oregon State University.
Smith begins in Japan with the invention in the late 1800s of the sanba, the modern, licensed midwife, who gradually replaced the toriagebaba, the old, traditional midwife.
In addition to conformity for the ideal licensed midwife, discretion and modesty were required of any midwife.
She is currently pursuing requirements to become a California Licensed Midwife.
As a licensed midwife, I fully support the right of Oregon women to choose unlicensed midwives.
One licensed midwife combines employment at UNRWA with a caseload of women who choose to give birth at home.