Doyle, a licensed mental health counselor, was community services director at the Massachusetts Mental Health Center in Boston; DMH compliance officer; and inpatient services coordinator of the Erich Lindemann Mental Health Center.
What does LMHC stand for?
LMHC stands for Licensed Mental Health Counselor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LMHC
We have 29 other meanings of LMHC in our Acronym Attic
- Langley Minor Hockey Association (Canada; est. 1973)
- Launcher Module Handling Adapter (pneumatic tires)
- Local Mental Health Agency
- Local Mental Health Authority (various locations)
- London Mental Health Alliance (Crest Centre; Lucan, Ontario, Canada)
- Louisiana Manufactured Housing Association
- Local Mental Health Board
- Lakeview Manor Healthcare Center (Tawas City, Michigan)
- Lee Mental Health Center, Inc. (Fort Myers, FL)
- Liberty Mutual Holding Company, Inc. (Boston, MA)
- Lockheed Martin Hanford Corporation
- Low Mass High Cost
- Logistics, Materials Handling & Distribution (manufacturing exhibition)
- Letellier Material Handling Equipment (South Holland, IL)
- Lattice-Matched High Electron Mobility Transistor
- Lakeshore Minor Hockey Federation (Canada)
- Lewisham Mental Health Foundation (UK)
- Lodi Memorial Hospital Foundation (California)
- Lee Memorial Home Health (Cape Coral, FL)
- Lakeshore Mental Health Institute (Tennessee)
Samples in periodicals archive:
com)-- Marlon Familton Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Bellevue Washington, announces the launch of a new website BetterMentalHealth.
The committee members will make recommendations for permitting licensed mental health counselors to practice independently under the TRICARE program, the Department of Defense's health care services plan for the active-duty military, retirees, and their families.
White is a licensed mental health counselor who obtained a doctorate in counselor education from the University of Florida in 2000.
org When Misery Is Company: End Self-Sabotage And Become Content by psychotherapist, licensed mental health counselor, and popular author Ann Katherine offers the reader exercises, anecdotal personal stories, and an insightful, gentle wisdom focused on the self-defeating practice of trying to guard against disappointment, fear or shame by not allowing ourselves to fully experience intimacy, success, or pleasure.
The first author, who is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor Supervisor and a Registered Play Therapist Supervisor, provided 10 weekly sessions of child-centered group play therapy to Regina and Twanda (alias), another female student in her class.
At present, counselor credentialing/licensure has been enacted in 45 states and the District of Columbia (ACA, 2001a), but only in 8 states has the title licensed mental health counselor been legislated (ACA, 2001c).