Federal funding cuts to Library and Archives Canada (LAC) may severely restrict libraries' ability to make accessible the original documents that chronicle Canadian history.
What does LAC stand for?
LAC stands for Library and Archives Canada
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LAC
We have 405 other meanings of LAC in our Acronym Attic
- Legislative Action Committee
- Legislative Administration Committee (various locations)
- Legislative Advisory Council (various locations)
- Leisa Atmospheric Corrector
- Lemon Administration Committee
- Lettres, Arts et Cinéma (French: Letters, Arts and Film)
- Lewiston-Auburn College (University of Southern Maine)
- Liberal Arts College
- Liberian Agricultural Company
- Library Advisory Commission (California)
- License Agreement Code
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Asbestos Consultant
- Licensed Associate Counselor
- Liceo Aplicado en Computación (Spanish; Guatemalan school)
- Life Assurance Committee (actuaries)
- Lifetime Authorization Cards
- Liga Antituberculosos Colombiana (Colombian anti-Tuberculosis League)
- Light Armor Company
Samples in periodicals archive:
Library and Archives Canada (LAC) is being hit hard by federal budget cuts.
Wilson served as National Archivist of Canada, 1999 to 2004, and then as head of the newly amalgamated Library and Archives Canada.
In June 2004 it issued a document, Creating a New Kind of Knowledge Institution: Directions for Library and Archives Canada (Library and Archives Canada, 2004b), which declares that the LAC will no longer be a passive repository and will instead focus on access, a capacity to interpret, and the provision of innovative services that will encourage Canadians to discover, learn, and share knowledge and culture.