School libraries have many new buildings and a strong focus on information literary education but they often now have inadequate teacher librarian and library technician staff and resources.
What does LIB TECH stand for?
LIB TECH stands for Library Technician (graduate of an accredited library science program)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Linear Incremental Backoff
- Linguistic Intergroup Bias (language use in intergroup contexts)
- Lithium-Ion Battery
- Living in Black
- Local Intelligence Bureau (India)
- Lockton Insurance Brokers (California)
- Logistics Information Board
- Lutein Information Bureau (health resource)
- Lying in Bed
- Liberal Democrat(s) (UK political party)
- Leeds Institute for Plant Biotechnology and Agriculture
- Light Improved Ballistic Armor
- Lincoln Independent Business Association (Nebraska)
- London Investment Banking Association (finance)
- Long Island Big Apple Volleyball Club, Inc. (New York)
- Long Island Business Association (Long Island, NY)
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Lebanese International Businessmen Associations' Network
- Long Island Beach Buggy Association (Patchogue, NY)
- Lower Intestine Bottom Bowel Evacuation System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hallock began her career in corrections as a library technician at the Denver Women's Correctional Facility in 2007.
As predicted in 1984 the library profession in Australia is now established as a fully graduate profession, supported in a number of functions by library technicians with two years qualifications.
The prom dress event was the idea of library technician Ann Cutler-Russo.
In March RAHS Librarian Kathy Curran left us to take up the position of Senior Library Technician at the Catholic Institute of Sydney's Veech Library, situated in Strathfield.
Everett worked for a short time at the Springfield Public Library as a library technician from 1983 to 1984.
By Stephanie Holmes, NCFH Resource Center & Library Technician
Library technicians are now being trained at the DIT to work in the 25 libraries which operate in East Timor.