In 1981 the then Library Association of Australia published Local studies collections: guidelines and subject headings for organizing and indexing resources (2) by Flint and Berry.
What does LAA stand for?
LAA stands for Library Association of Australia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LAA
We have 194 other meanings of LAA in our Acronym Attic
- League of Advertising Agencies
- League of Animal Artists (Dallas, GA)
- Learning Alliance Approach
- Left Atrial Abnormality (cardiology)
- Left Atrial Appendage
- Left Atrial Auricle
- Legal Administrative Assistant (various companies)
- Legal Aid Agency (UK)
- Leicester and Leicestershire Animal Aid Association (UK)
- Library Association of Alberta
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sydney: Library Association of Australia, 1968, and subsequent editions (as Biographical Dictionary of Australian Librarians).
These guidelines had their origins in the Library Association of Australia (now the Australian Library and Information Association) 1972 publication Interim minimum standards for public libraries.
These agencies included the Australian Teachers' Federation, the Australian Council of State School Organisations, the Headmasters' Conference, the Australian Education Council, school library associations, the Library Association of Australia and the newly formed Australian Library Promotion Council which in 1968 issued School libraries, a report to the nation.