The American Library Association has also joined the fight, since public libraries would be required to follow the same access policies as public schools, although it would be virtually impossible to implement them.
What does LACIG stand for?
LACIG stands for Library Association (UK) Cataloguing and Indexing Group
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LACIG in our Acronym Attic
- Lacunar Anterior Circulation Infarct
- Lacunar Infarct
- Laser Angioplasty for Critical Ischemia (surgery)
- Lipoprotein-Associated Coagulation Inhibitor
- Loan Administration Change Initiative (est. 1996; World Bank)
- Lakeshore Athletic Club at Illinois Center (Chicago, IL)
- Language and Communication Impairment in Children (University of Sheffield, UK)
- Latin American and Caribbean Information Center (Florida International University; Miami, FL)
- Large Area Crop Inventory Experiment
- Latin American Challenge Investment Fund
- Lynchburg Area Center for Independent Living (Virginia)
- Laboratoire de Combinatoire et d'Informatique Mathématique (University of Quebec)
- Large Area Crop Inventory Program (US NASA)
- Los Angeles County Immunization Program
- Laboratory for Automation, Communication and Information (Canada)
- Latin American Circle for International Studies (Mexico)
- Latin American, Caribbean, and Iberian Studies (University of Wisconsin-Madison; Madison, WI)
- Leipzig Aerosol Cloud Interaction Simulator (Leipzig, Germany)
- Los Angeles Center for International Studies (Loyola Marymount University; Los Angeles, CA)
- Lycho Administrative Card Index System
Samples in periodicals archive:
``Our profession is in the midst of redefining itself,'' said Marilyn Robertson, president of the California School Library Association and a coordinating field librarian for the Los Angeles Unified School District.
Hasbro Card Games Given to American Library Association for Second Annual Event EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass.
Seven years in the planning, this conference is the result of a historic collaboration between five cosponsoring caucus associations of color: The individual caucuses are affiliates of the American Library Association (ALA) and several have had conferences of their own.
Experts estimate that only 5 percent of the world's publishing output in English is ever made accessible in alternate formats for people who cannot use print (Canadian Library Association Working Group, 2005).