[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] In this case, the Liberty Legal Institute (LLI), a Texas-based Christian public-interest firm devoted to protecting religious liberties, provided pro bono representation for a student challenging his suspension for wearing a "John Edwards for President" T-shirt.
What does LLI stand for?
LLI stands for Liberty Legal Institute (est. 1997; Arlington, VA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LLI
We have 59 other meanings of LLI in our Acronym Attic
- Los Lunas High School (Los Lunas, NM)
- Lower Lake High School (Lower Lake, CA)
- LVDS (Low-Voltage Differential Signaling) Low-to-High Transition Time
- Lake Lanier Islands (Georgia)
- Language, Literature, Identity (Conference)
- Latitutde and Longitude Indicator (US Navy)
- Laubach Literacy International
- Leg Length Imbalance
- Leveraged Loan Index (finance)
- Liberty League International (Scottsdale, Arizona)
- Library Leadership Institute (various locations)
- Lifelong Learning Institutes
- Limited Life Item (US NASA)
- Link Layer Interface
- Little League International
- Local Level Institutions (World Bank study)
- Local Lorentz Invariance (physics)
- Logical Link Interface
- London Language Institute (London, Ontario, Canada)
- Long Lead Item
Samples in periodicals archive:
There I did a 45-minute discussion on "Washington Journal" with Kelly Shackleford, an attorney with a Texas-based group called the Liberty Legal Institute.
If the separation of church and state is to mean anything at all, it must mean that the government must not be able to reach its arms inside the doors of the church and regulate its internal activities," said Hiram Sasser, a staff attorney at the Liberty Legal Institute in Plano, Texas, which is monitoring the case.
Professor Michael Dini was targeted by the Liberty Legal Institute, a Religious Right legal group acting on behalf of student Micah Spradling, a fundamentalist Christian.