John Ishiyama and Marijke Breuning, "A Survey of International Studies Programs at Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities in the Midwest: Characteristics and Correlates" International Studies Perspectives 5 (2004): 134.
What does LAC stand for?
LAC stands for Liberal Arts College
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of LAC
We have 405 other meanings of LAC in our Acronym Attic
- Legend Advisory Corporation (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
- Legislation Advisory Committee (Ministry of Justice; New Zealand)
- Legislative Action Center
- Legislative Action Committee
- Legislative Administration Committee (various locations)
- Legislative Advisory Council (various locations)
- Leisa Atmospheric Corrector
- Lemon Administration Committee
- Lettres, Arts et Cinéma (French: Letters, Arts and Film)
- Lewiston-Auburn College (University of Southern Maine)
- Liberian Agricultural Company
- Library Advisory Commission (California)
- Library and Archives Canada
- License Agreement Code
- Licensed Acupuncturist
- Licensed Addictions Counselor
- Licensed Asbestos Consultant
- Licensed Associate Counselor
- Liceo Aplicado en Computación (Spanish; Guatemalan school)
- Life Assurance Committee (actuaries)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A society that owes so much to graduates of liberal arts colleges has come to see them as an education for a simpler time.
Last year Corpus Christi Catholic Liberal Arts college announced that it would take about thirty students when it begins classes at St.
Although one does not have to attend a liberal arts college to become liberally educated, such institutions provide an important service to society by guarding the distinction between occupational training and the education of the entire person.
A liberal arts college presents particular challenges to the aspiring professional because students are allowed to earn only a third of their credits in their major field.