Organizationally, the chapters follow a logical schema from myth diffusion in classical to late antiquity, especially the many Roman sarcophagi--see Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae 3:1-2, 554-59 (1986)--the psychomachia for a man of the Renaissance; the developing lunar imagery of later myth, including appropriations by Diane de Poitiers and Diane Salviati; Renaissance allegories from philosophy (Giordano Bruno) to science (Francis Bacon) and literature (Lyly, Drayton, Marino, Delminio, and so on).
What does LIMC stand for?
LIMC stands for Lexicon Iconographicum Mythologiae Classicae (German)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LIMC
We have 3 other meanings of LIMC in our Acronym Attic
- Limestone-Injection, Multistage Burner
- List of Molecular Biology (database)
- Listing of Molecular Biology Databases
- Light Infantry Military Blast Cushions
- Language Independent Metadata Browsing of European Resources (UK)
- Laboratoire d'Imagerie Moléculaire et Bioinformatique (Molecular Imaging and Bioinformatics Laboratory)
- Late Model Bus Organization, International (post-1968 Volkswagen club)
- Loss in Multiple Birth Outreach (bereavement support)
- Light Infantry Minefield Breaching System
- Lancaster Inter-Municipal Committee (Pennsylvania)
- Long Island Medical Care (North Babylon, NY)
- Long Island Music Coalition (New York, NY)
- Lao Iu Mien Culture Association (Oakland, CA)
- Liquid Metal Cleanliness Analyzer (aluminium industry)
- Long Island Mini Cup Association (Islip, NY)
- Limits Carbon Tax
- Long Island Marketing Concepts & Technology Inc.
- Limiting Date
- Limited Dissemination
- Limited Distribution