Leukocyte adhesion deficiency (LAD) is a genetic disease inherited as an autosomal recessive condition in which the expression of glycoprotein adhesion molecules on leukocytes is reduced.
What does LAD stand for?
LAD stands for Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LAD
We have 220 other meanings of LAD in our Acronym Attic
- Lauku Atbalsta Dienests (Latvian: Rural Support Service)
- Launch Area Defense
- Launch Area(s) Denied (Ballistic Missile Defense System)
- Launch Assist Device
- Leader Accreditation Department (La Leche League)
- Learning Aim Database (UK)
- Least Absolute Deviation (estimation)
- Left Anterior Descending (anatomical location of coronary artery)
- Left Axis Deviation (EKG)
- Legislative Audit Division (Montana)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another researcher was discussing Leukocyte Adhesion Deficiency in humans, and Kehrli thought the symptoms of human LAD were similar to those of a calf that had died at the USDA-ARS National Animal Disease Center in Ames, Iowa, where he works.