Leucine is an amino acid that we get from food, which is known to activate mTORC1.
What does LEU stand for?
LEU stands for Leucine (Amino Acid)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of LEU
We have 17 other meanings of LEU in our Acronym Attic
- Law Enforcement Traffic Safety Advisory Council (Missouri)
- Learning-Education-Training Systems Interoperability
- Law Enforcement Training for Safety and Survival (US FBI)
- Law Enforcement Training Society of Saskatchewan
- LeTourneau University (Longview, Texas)
- Learning Technologies in Urban Schools
- Loop Excision of the Transformation Zone
- Laser Electronics Unit (Laser sighting subsystem)
- Launch Enable Unit
- Launcher Electronic Unit
- Library Education Unit (Indiana State Library; Indianapolis, IN)
- License to Export Uranium
- Light Em' Up
- Low Enriched Uranium (<20%)
- Lumen et Umbra (MUD)
- White, Colorless (Prefix)
- Low Explosives Users Permit
- Lower Extremity Venous Ultrasonography
- Lake Elsinore Unified School District (California)
- Leucine Transporter
Samples in periodicals archive:
This study aims to examine the effect of addition of valine, leucine and isoleucine at different levels on in vitro rumen fermentation of wheat straw.
Leucine has been shown to adjust both signaling systems and reduce food intake.
Leucine also appears to play a particularly key role in protein formation and the regulation of protein metabolism.
The amino acid leucine was labeled with carbon-13, which is scarce in the body, and infused into 12 healthy volunteers and 12 volunteers with the disease.
In experiments, starch samples were prepared by adding amino acids--aspartic acid, leucine, lysine and tyrosine--at 6% on a starch dry-weight basis to rice starch in buffers of pH 4, 7 and 10.