Housebreaking is therefore a lesser included offense of burglary.
What does LIO stand for?
LIO stands for Lesser Included Offense
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of LIO
We have 23 other meanings of LIO in our Acronym Attic
- Learning, Involvement, Networking and Exchange (USAID; EU)
- Legal Information Network Exchange (Washington)
- Logistics Information Exchange
- London Internet Exchange
- Lotic Intersite Nitrogen Experiment (various organizations)
- Long Island New York
- Land Information New Zealand
- Laser Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- Leadership Interdiction Operations (various countries)
- Legal Information Online
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abdelahad be reduced to the lesser included offense of indecent assault and battery.
Lesser Included Offenses UNNATURAL AND LASCIVIOUS ACT--800.
Pattillo, Note, When "Lesser" Is More: The Case for Reviving the Constitutional Right to a Lesser Included Offense, 77 TEX.
At the close of Francis Keeble's trial for assault with intent to commit serious bodily injury, the district court refused to charge the jury on the lesser included offense of simple assault.
4) The Court held that conspiracy is a lesser included offense of CCE and that convictions for both offenses based upon the same underlying conduct violates the Double jeopardy Clause of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
This will raise the issue of how to instruct on what would have previously been covered under a greater and lesser included offense instruction.
Lesser Included Offenses DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE CAUSING PROPERTY DAMAGE OR INJURY--316.