When I look at the language map, few of China's neighboring countries use English; most of them speak the so-called less commonly taught languages.
What does LCTL stand for?
LCTL stands for Less Commonly Taught Language
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LCTL
We have 2 other meanings of LCTL in our Acronym Attic
- Library of Congress Thesaurus for Graphic Materials (US)
- Lake County Tribal Health Consortium, Inc. (Lakeport, CA)
- Law on Combating Trafficking in Human Beings (Bulgaria)
- Lewis and Clark Trail Heritage Foundation
- Landelijke Commissie Toezicht Indicatiestelling (Dutch: National Committee for Medical Surveillance)
- Large Component Test Installation
- Lehigh Career & Technical Institute (Schnecksville, Pennsylvania)
- Lake County Transportation Improvement Project (Illinois)
- Louisiana Coalition for Tax Justice (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Large Component Test Loop
- Longitudinal Conversion Transfer Loss
- Lossy Coupled Transmission Line
- Little Change in Temperature
- Luxembourg City Tourist Office
- Lactation Consultant Training Program (various organizations)
- Least Cost Transportation Planning
- Lake Chelan Tourism Promotion Group (Washington)
- Landing Craft Tank Rocket (D-Day, used to assault bunkers)
- Large Cash Transaction Reporting
Samples in periodicals archive:
Selected from that conference, these 17 essays cover the role of Title VI programs in national and global security; in building national capacity in the less commonly taught languages; the history and significance of the programs; internationalizing higher education with the Title VI programs; accessing, benchmarking, and assessing Title VI; technologies in the programs; data on national enrollments in the more than 200 less commonly taught languages of the programs; and future directions for Title VI and Fulbright-Hays programs.
Alexander adds, "[T]oday's backlog is no longer confined to Arabic and its multiple dialects, but also includes a variety of other less commonly taught languages.
The department's goal remains increasing the language capability in the less commonly taught languages and ultimately creating a cadre of language professionals with a high level of language proficiency," the official said.
Patricia Paulsell, co-director of the Center for Language Education and Research at Michigan State University, recently helped organize a national conference on less commonly taught languages and other issues.
Although Colonel Conway makes many good points, I believe that the best way to get Air Force officers who are qualified in less commonly taught languages is to send them to DLI.