Based on a treaty signed in 1986, the $8 billion project is funded in part by the World Bank, the African Development Bank, the European Community, and several European funding agencies, and implemented by the parastatal Lesotho Highlands Development Authority (LHDA) in Lesotho.
What does LHDA stand for?
LHDA stands for Lesotho Highlands Development Authority
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LHDA
- Lexus Hybrid Drive (cars)
- Life, Health and Disability (insurance)
- Lightweight Helmet Development
- Linear Heat Detector
- Linear High Density
- Litterarum Humaniorum Doctor (Doctor of Human Letters)
- Load-Haul-Dump (underground mining vehicle)
- Local Health Department
- Low Harmonic Distortion
- Multipurpose Amphibious Assault Ship
- Lethbridge Highland Dance Association (Canada)
- Laser Heated Diamond Anvil Cell
- Les Histoires de Bernard (French: Stories of Bernard)
- Limburgse Honden Dressuur Bond (Dutch: Limburg Dogs Dressage Association; Limburg, Netherlands)
- Los Hijos De Bethsaida
- Land and Housing Development Corporation (Philippines)
- Lincoln Hills Development Corporation (est. 1965; Indiana)
- Linear Heat Detecting Cable (fire detector)
- Long Hair Don't Care
- Lube Hydrocracking Distillate Catalyst
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Lesotho Highlands Development Authority (LHDA) is responsible for the project within Lesotho, while the Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority (TCTA) fulfils the same role in South Africa.