What we found was that the risk was about 1% higher in lesbians," says Suzanne Dibble, cofounder of the Lesbian Health Research Center at the University of California, San Francisco, and a lead researcher on the study.
What does LHRC stand for?
LHRC stands for Lesbian Health Research Center (San Francisco, CA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of LHRC
We have 3 other meanings of LHRC in our Acronym Attic
- League of Human Rights Activists (Slovakia)
- Left Hand Reverse Active (door opening convention)
- Lithuanian Human Rights Association
- Locked High Radiation Area
- Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone (neuropeptide)
- Lutheran Human Relations Association (Milwaukee, WI)
- Left-Hand Reverse Bevel (door)
- Lyons Harrison Research Building (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- Lao Human Rights Council (Wisconsin; refugee protection; est. 1992)
- Legal and Human Rights Centre (Tanzania, Africa)
- Local Human Rights Committee
- Louisiana Health and Rehab Center (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Lawyers for Human Rights and Development (Sri Lanka)
- Library Human Resources Department
- Lactogenic Hormone Responsive Element (genetics)
- Low Heat Rejection Engine (automotive)
- Lower Hybrid Range of Frequencies
- Luteinizing Hormone Releasing Factor (endocrinology)
- Large Heterogeneous Reference Fuel Design Study
- Living History Resource Group (Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But a fear of talking openly about sex is precisely what keeps so many gay men and lesbians from disclosing their orientation--or even visiting the doctor in the first place, suggests Patricia Robertson, codirector of the Lesbian Health Research Center at the University of California, San Francisco.
RN, an affiliate of the Lesbian Health Research Center and an associate professor at the University of Iowa.