On the other hand, he argues, we should retain a central bank able and ready to act as a lender of last resort because it benefits the public by lowering the commercial banks' costs of intermediation.
What does LLR stand for?
LLR stands for Lender of Last Resort (school loan program)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of LLR
We have 78 other meanings of LLR in our Acronym Attic
- Lessons Learned Quarterly Report (National Environmental Protection Act)
- Little Lamb Quilt Shop (Barrington, NH)
- Last Listener Query Time
- Labor Licensing and Regulation
- Laboratoire Leprince-Ringuet (French research laboratory; National Institute of Nuclear Physics and Particle Physics)
- Landsforeningen for Levende Rollespil (Danish: National Association for Live Roleplaying)
- Large Lecture Room
- Least Loaded Router (method)
- Legal, Legislative and Regulatory (various organizations)
- Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gordon Brown always said he would be the lender of last resort to these banks in the event of a liquidity crisis.